I’m Mathew Sims! I’ve authored, edited, or contributed to several books including A Household Gospel: Fulfilling the Great Commission in Our Homes, We Believe: Creeds, Confessions, & Catechisms for Worship, A Guide for Advent: The Arrival of King Jesus, and Make, Mature, Multiply: Becoming Fully-Formed Disciples. I graduated with a degree in English Literature with a secondary emphasis in Creative Writing. I also completed over forty hours of post-graduate work in theology.
I’m married to LeAnn who is a talented home designer and writes at The Modest Homestead and monthly at Her Magazine. She is a creative tour de force. We have three daughters—Claire, Maddy, and Adele—who are joyful, mischievous, and full of wonder (I’m outnumbered if you’re counting). I love good food, black coffee, and Kentucky Bourbon. And I’m an Apple geek.
I am currently Editor-in-Chief for 360 Quote LLC (which includes several insurance web properties and Exercise.com). My responsibilities include:
- managing a team of eleven editors
- coordinating projects over dozens of web properties
- culling SEO-driven keywords for article topics
- overseeing publishing over one-hundred articles bi-weekly
- overseeing rehabbing older content
- building new web properties from the ground
- developing study articles—featured at sites like USA Today
- working with a team of writers at TextBroker.com
I am the Managing Editor of Gospel-Centered Discipleship. My responsibilities include:
- soliciting articles for the online blog
- creating weekly newsletters
- working with a team of staff writers to cultivate a creative writing environment
- working with a team of staff writers to mature their writing voice
- managing social media outlets
- managing design elements for the blog
- formatting digital and print books for the publishing imprint, GCD Books
- designing graphic elements for social media campaigns and book covers
- copyediting and developmental editing for book projects
Taking the Next Step Is Hard
Many writers spend years cultivating a book idea or just honing their story. When you’re ready to take the next step, releasing your creative child into the world can be difficult no matter how you choose to publish. However, I can be your partner during this exciting and anxious time.
If you’re pursuing traditional publishing and will be sending your manuscript to an agent or publisher, I can provide a critical eye to strengthen your writing. Or if you’re pursuing self-publishing for the creative control it provides, I offer services including:
- Cover design
- Copyediting and developmental editing
- Book layout for paperback and digital
No matter where you are on the spectrum with your book—whether it’s complete but needing a final polish or just in the infant stage, take the next step and let’s have a conversation about your dreams for your book as well as how we can partner together to make them a reality!